….last weekend I went to Market. I may never be the same. Oh My!
….and besides being privy to a sneak peak of what’s on the horizon…I was able to touch base on a few other things too.
I am working with my publisher to have Pieced Hexies available sometime this Fall…the plan is Oct 2012 …fingers crossed!
I landed spot in the filming for The Quilt Show in February of next year. My segment should in the in the Fall 2013.
Now that I am back home for a few weeks I have been spending some time appliquéing the border on Whilst Jubilance. And it is done. The plan is to quilt it this week!
On the home front….Emily is back from Italy! As she says she speed dated her way thru visiting Milan, Venice, Florence and Rome in 10 days. She has informed us that this trip as just whetted her appetite for travel and her passport is in need of many many more stamps.
I think between her and Paul Jr. OUR passports will be getting many stamps!
I can hardly believe they are Seniors in college now…wow has time flown by. Talk of graduate school and internships are the norm now. And I don’t think we will ever all live in the same state ever again. Well we don’t now as the kids are staying again in Arkansas for the summer as they have secured employment with Hendrix. But there will be visits. So I am a happy mom.
There has been some online shopping…….
and finally as promised on facebook here is the Asparagus & Cheese Tart Recipe (April 2012 Food Network Magazine..trust me this mag is a VERY GOOD subscription!)
- 1 pound asparagus
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry thawed
- 1 cup grated Fontina cheese (about 3 ounces)
- 1 cup grated Gruyere cheese (same as above)
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot (we like it with sweet onion)
- 2 large egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon of finely grated lemon zest
Preheat oven to 400
1. cook asparagus 2-5 minutes so still crisp yet tender.
2. place pastry puff on a 10x16 baking sheet. prick with a fork all over. bake until light golden brown – about 12 minutes
3. meanwhile mix cheeses, onion, egg yolks, milk, nutmeg, salt and pepper in a bowl.
4. spread cheese mixture over the puff pastry evenly leaving a 1-inch border on all sides. toss asparagus in olive oil, a bit of salt and pepper. arrange asparagus on the tart and bake until cheese mixture is slightly puffy (15-20 mins)
5. Sprinkle with lemon zest.
…Molly is enjoying her holiday in her usual fashion…and I am off to the studio to sew!