Four months between posts is a bit much…but not so much if you have been writing a book in that time.
YES! “Pieced Hexies – this is NOT your Grandmothers Flower Garden” will be available in April 2013.
Besides the book there has been lots happening and changing around here at Chez Depre….but more about all of that in the next few posts.
But I promised my Facebook Friends the recipe for Chicken Taco Soup… so enjoy!
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can chili beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (8ounce) can tomato sauce
- 8 ounces of Chicken Broth - (or 12 ounces if you like more broth in your soup)
- 2 (10 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 can green chilies
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 3 whole skinless, boneless chicken breasts
OPTIONAL…but I highly suggest!
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- crushed tortilla chips
1. place onion, chili beans, black beans, corn, tomato sauce, broth, and diced tomatoes in slow cooker. Add taco seasoning. Stir to blend. Lay chicken breasts on top of the mixture and press down slightly until just covered by the other ingredients. Set slow cooker for low heat, cover, and cook for 5 hours.
2. remove chicken breasts from the soup and allow to cool long enough to be handled. Shred chicken and stir it back into the soup and continue cooking for 2 hours.
Serve topped with shredded cheddar cheese, a dollop of sour cream and crushed tortilla chips
Posts will be frequent now…most likely not everyday as I am working on so many “secret” projects…but I have a goal of at least two a week!
If you want instant daily insights into the wacky goings on at Chez Depre friend me on facebook. We laugh everyday.
….and share a cup of coffee.
p.s. We got a dog! check back on Friday to find out all about her.