On Tuesday Morning I logged into Facebook to change my profile pic from “Lucy in her witch costume” (think Charlie Brown fame) to well…hmmm.
I wanted to do something to set the tone for November and the upcoming holiday of Thanksgiving.
I looked around.
Then I spotted the table runner that I created back in 2002 for a basic quilting class for exchange students that I taught at the local college. Seems a requirement for graduation was a American Craft for these students and thus I had to develop a simple project. Most students did not have access to a sewing machine so this pattern worked well as we spent weeks completing the appliqué and then I put together a bank of about 6 machines for one class and we sewed the entire table runner together in class and then moved on to hand quilting. Having students for and entire semester was a new and wonderful experience. But we are getting off the subject….so….
So I went looking for my original pattern file. This pattern was self published as that is pretty much required by the college system.
I have self published a few patterns over the years and had be thinking about revisiting this idea with the acceptance of PDF patterns growing.
I found the disc…I was a genius on March 8, 2006 because I actually stored the pattern info in PDF form! All I did was reshoot the pictures because technology has come a long way in digital cameras since 2001. And viola!
In searching for the pattern so many other pattern ideas were unearthed. Let’s just say I am going to be very busy. Most of these ideas have never see life beyond these walls.
I am a firm believer in things happen for a reason.
Stay tuned for an update on the “Hexie Quilt”…but first I need to clear off the design wall.