Friday, April 5, 2013

Pyramid Hexies

I love a good treasure hunt. 

The latest find has arrived home and I am so happy to share.

The minute I saw it on eBay with a “BUY IT NOW” option it was all over.  The ebay app strikes again.   A bit more than I usually part with for a top but it is a setting I have never seen before and I am loving the Red, White and Blue solids.

Just rows of triangles/pyramids.

Simple and Dramatic.

Straight to the point as they say.

By the slight sheen to the fabric and a touch of age smell I am thinking a bicentennial quilt.

It is pretty big at 80 x 82 at this time.  The edges have been cut straight so I can easily add a border.  I am thinking some 6” Sawtooth Stars in patriotic fabrics will do the trick.

 

 

Looking closely at the setting I see some inspiration for other settings.

I am loving this quilt top!  

And also in the genre of a treasure hunt, the following landed in my email inbox this morning to share.

Looks like Craftsy is having their seasonal “BIG SALE” this weekend.  This one is with a twist.  New classes will be on sale each day.  Friday thru Monday at midnight. 

You can click on the image all weekend to check out what the new offering is.

Craftsy Spring Sale: Select online classes up to 75% off. Sale ends Monday, April 8th, at midnight! 

Today there are some goodies.  Fabric Patterning with Wax Resist and Celtic Cables (knit class) are in my basket!

A great way to spend my evenings during next weeks trip to Arizona.

2 comments:

WIPPYSPLACE said...

what a gorgeous find! I bet I wouldnt have been able to pass it up had I been there first--- ((~.~))
I am all ready for class except for the thread :-( but I will make what I have work! (I hope) please get rid of sinus infection fast :-) and I hope you bring sew and tell :-) *~*CAROLE*~*

Unknown said...

Lucky lucky you! I have just started making hexies. No one told me it was like eating potato chips. Once you start you don't want to stop!!! Is there a 12-step program?? Seriously I am loving it. I will send a photo of a 30s flower garden i got for 25$