Saturday, August 3, 2013

7 years ago.....

I am in my studio today sewing the final 9 samples together for the next Pieced Hexies book.

I went to cut this fabric and upon opening it I found this.



And I stopped and smiled.

Seven years ago, when they were 15, I hired Paul & Emily to work in my studio for the summer. They wanted ipods and they worked for them.

Paul chose the job of pulling every fabric in my stash and cutting a 5" square from it for my Coloriffic Workshop.

Over the years I have found others like this but it's been awhile.

He is now a college graduate living on his own and loving it in Madison Wisconsin.

Tomorrow we are meeting up with him at the Kane County Flea Market. I plan to give him the biggest hug.

Today I will pin this blue fabric to my design wall and pet it when I walk by.

Always a mom.

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.10

4 comments:

Eileen said...

Mic, it's always a moment when something like this happens. With me, it's usually a scent or a sound that reminds me of when my kids were younger.

Nancy said...

THat is one of those special memories. And thank you for helping teach them the value of working for something.

Maggie Szafranski said...

What a special memory! You are so blessed!

WIPPYSPLACE said...

what a treasured memory! I have lots of things my kids made in their early years! How funny after finding this in your stash...glad I am not the only one with near antique fabrics ;-) heheheh*~*CAROLE*~*