Wednesday, August 7, 2013

It’s one of those days.

You know the type of day, you wake up thinking I have not much to do and this day will be a breeze.

And then every turn you make unveils something else that needs your attention NOW and before you know it the day is almost over.  And you are exhausted.

Welcome to my day.

thCABPR330

 

On Monday I finished my manuscript.  Well 95% of it.  There are a few more elements to go into it but until my editor does her thing and gives me a standing page count I am not sure how much room there will be.  So I will finish these elements by months end when I have an idea how many pages I may have.

 

 

But regardless.  The core of the book is done.  DONE!  My original due date was Oct 1st and in June I was given a new due date.  And I did it.  I am pretty darn proud of myself.  It was 32 days of a 12-14 hour days to finish it in time.  Thank goodness I had about 40% done prior. 

So yesterday I was walking around the house with absolutely nothing to do.  So what did I do.  I tackled half of those fore mentioned book elements. I think I have forgotten how to relax.  I remember relaxing in early January.  I don’t think I have since.  In fact I am not sure if I even remember how to sleep in.   This is sad.

Today I envisioned that relaxing that I passed by yesterday.  Didn’t really happen.

thCAGB6LLTTomorrow I am off to North Carolina at 6am to teach the Collaboration Celebration Retreat with Bonnie Hunter.   The retreat runs to midday on Sunday and the days will be filled with fun and sewing. 

Sunday afternoon Bonnie and I are taking off to spend a few days in her cabin in the mountains. We both need to just have a few days of nada.  

thCAJ9A437Cell phone service and internet will low key.  We think this will actually help.  We plan to just veg.  and sew.  and sleep.   and veg some more.

Why do I think we are going  get either nothing done or a whole lot done.

What do you think?

MickeySignature

p.s. my new book will be out mid January 2014

2 comments:

Debby, crowefan0517 said...

Well, I think both you ladies deserve a rest in the woods and hope you get lots of sewing done, if that's what you want. Or no sewing done, if you'd rather veg instead :) However, I can not imagine Bonnie going through more than 1/2 a day without posting to her blog, LOL.

Barbarba Douglas said...

Congratulations on finishing your manuscript! Good luck on it! Look forward to seeing it in January.