Thursday, May 9, 2013

Blue Ribbon Antiques in Conway, Arkansas

 

As always while in Arkansas Paul and I visit many of the local antique/flea market stores in and around Conway.

Yesterday we opened the door to one we hadn’t prior. 

Oh boy.

ConwayShop1As Paul tells the story he knew we would “be awhile” when we stepped inside and that is the signage towards the back of the store that you see.

I bee-lined.

That backroom was Mecca.

Jane who is peering over her counter at us (and had given permission for pics) was the sweetest lady.

And she knew her stuff.  She loves turn of the century quilts.  And her offerings show this.

 

ConwayShop2

 

And then I spotted “Machine Row”.  Oh My!  Paul pulled a few out and I looked them up and down.  We won’t have enough room in the vehicles.  :/

I spent about an hour. 

I could of spent many many more.

 

 

 

These treasures are coming home with me.

 

A set of approximately 70 of these 6” nine patches from the mid 1800s are mine.

 

And yes I will be setting them with kona solids in browns, taupes, and black and quilting them.

 

I am big about completing vintage quilt blocks and tops.

 

 

I am always buying vintage yardage.

I own many vintage quilts.  Something many people are surprised to know. 

YES you really can love and do both Art and Traditional quilting!

And I couldn’t pass up the Singer 600 series attachments for $3.  My new vintage Singer is a 400 but I know the seam guide will be useful and maybe the feet.  If not I know someone I can pass these on to.

 

 

 

A bag of vintage hexies for $3!

MINE!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And another bag of vintage bits also screamed my name.

 

There is a vintage top that has been nagging at me since we left.

 

There may be a return visit before we shove off for home.

 

Enjoy the day,

MickeySignature

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Wow!!! You scored big time! Good thing the kids are graduating...that could be a dangerous place to be tempted by on a regular basis! :) Nancy

Maggie Szafranski said...

OH MY GOODNESS! That is extraordinary! We need to go back with a Uhaul!

Sharon - IN said...

Didn't you come across some wonderful finds!? What fun!

Nancy: rangerer@sbcglobal.net said...

what a yummy find!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I just came across your blog recently and wow - thanks for the info - I am 45 miles from Conway and I hardly ever go to antique malls but I think I will need to check this one out - Thanks